From thebettermom.com blog linked HERE
1. Go to a Corn Maze – These can be so much fun! This is not only fun for families but for friends and couples too! ; Go get lost on purpose and have fun trying to get yourself out of the maze!
2. Have a Bonfire – You no longer have to live on a farm to have a fire, you can have a fire pit and grill hot dogs or s’mores or just sit around one for warmth for great story telling!
3. Go on a hayride – Who doesn’t love a hayride? You can usually find these on small and large farms in your area. Sometimes they have them in garden centers also!
4. Take a Fall Drive – There is nothing that shows God’s beautiful creation more than at fall time. The colors are just amazing, no season shows the beauty of God quite like fall!
5. Curl up with a great book – Fall time is a wonderful time to have a special reading list to encourage your family including yourself to read more!
6. Fun Fall Craft – Pinterest is loaded with crafts for the fall time, just do a search for fall crafts and you will find everything from very simple to more difficult. Whatever your crafting skill level is you should find some great ideas!
7. Make Caramel Apples – We love to make candy apples here. They are so good! Messy but worth it!
8. Visit a Pumpkin Patch – Visit a pumpkin patch and have everyone pick up a pumpkin to decorate with or to carve! We love finding new ones every year, it creates such a fun tradition!
9. Have a Fall Picnic – Pack a lunch for the family and have a picnic under a beautiful tree that is changing colors or in a beautiful park somewhere.
10. Carve Pumpkins Together – My father in law gets all the grand kids together every year to carve pumpkins! It can be a wonderful yearly tradition!
11. Have fun with the Leaves – I have so many fond memories of jumping in leave piles, let your kids do the same and if you have a small hill even better-take a slide or tumble down a hill in leaves is just good old fashioned fun!
12. Have a Movie Night – Movie nights are always fun, but there is just something extra special about them in the fall time! The idea of cuddling with warm blankets and a fire in the fireplace or a fall snack is just a wonderful way to enjoy home life!
13. Prepare a Crock Pot Recipe ;– There are so many crockpot recipes on pinterest now! You will never lack for dinner again! It is so great to mix some ingredients together in a big pot and at dinnertime you have a masterpiece. It is like magic and it is wonderful!
14.Visit a Farm ;– Many times the farm has educational activities throughout like milking a cow or seeing a sheep get sheared. You can usually buy pumpkins, haystacks, and other fall fun things for your home. This is an activity that the whole family can enjoy, from the youngest to the oldest. Pick a beautiful fall day and head out to a farm with your family, and don’t forget to have a GREAT time!
15. Take a Fall Photo Together -The fall time can be wonderful for taking photos. You can have the most beautiful scene for your background with a tree with different color leaves or leaves on the ground. If you live in a mountain area the backgrounds are gorgeous!
16. Start a Gratitude Journal – Start Gratitude Journals, a wonderful way to help your family learn to be more grateful for all they have!
17. Make S’mores – We love to find any occasion to make S’mores fall is the perfect time to make these gooey goodness!
18. Visit an orchard and pick apples – A fun activity or field trip for the whole family!
19. Make a Thankful Tree& – You can make one with construction paper or with sticks or just on paper. It is another craft where you will find many ideas on pinterest! For the leaves you have the family write different things they are thankful for!
20. Go to a Fall Festival – Most areas that have a fall season have fall festivals everywhere, get the family to at least one this year!